|I am Assistant Professor of Modern and Contemporary Art History at Swarthmore College.|
|Here is a selection of my academic publishing, catalog essays, art criticism, and translations.|
|In addition to writing and teaching, I have been involved in several editorial and curatorial projects.|
|My teaching revisits the history of Euro-American modernism from a transnational lens that foregrounds art's imbrication in the social fabric.|
At Swarthmore College
- 20th Century Latin American Art.
- Arts & Crafts as Avant-Garde Labor.
- Global Contemporary Art.
- Becoming Modern. Survey on Modern Art in Europe and the US.
- Socially Engaged Art in the Americas.
At San Diego State University
- 20th Century European Art until 1945.
- Contemporary Art since 1945.
At the University of California, San Diego
- The Metropolis and Me. Race, Migration, and Class in Urban Southern California.
- 20th Century Art as International Phenomenon.
|pchecag1 at swarthmore dot edu|